Jul 19, 2012

0.5 short and Cheaters Chicken Parm

After rolling out of bed this morning I realized 2 things. 1--I'm hungry 2--Ow ow ow ow my calves hurt. After last nights treadmill run, I didn't stretch as well as I should have and my calves were yelling at me for it. Good news, my foot and ankle felt fine. Bad news, my achilles' and my calves were so tight it hurt to put my feet flat on the floor.

After stretching all day, I set out for a 1.5 mile run tonight. After 0.3 mi my calves were really tight so I stretched them out for a sec and they felt better. Then another 0.2 mi in my ankle started to ache and I looked down and realized I was missing something.
No brace :-(
My ankle brace. So I went just a bit farther and turned around to complete a 1 mi out and back. So I was a half mile short but at least I went out and tried.

When I got home I stretched. I do the staircase stretch for my achillies' and calves. You know the one where you stand on the step and drop your heal down. It felt great.

I didn't feel like putting a ton of effort into dinner. So I grabbed my go to--Morning Star chicken patties. I made up a Suddenly Salad and microwaved a bag of steam-in-the-microwave broccoli.
Not really chicken patties
Once the patties were cooked up, I topped them with a some Light Smart Prego and a slice of provolone cheese. Presto change-o cheaters chicken parm.
Ignore the 2 plates....we ran out of the big ones..oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment