Jul 8, 2012

Saturday run on Sunday and Flat-out pizzas

As you may recall from yesterday, it was blisteringly hot out. I lived in Arizona for 3 years and yesterday here in MD was comparable to July in AZ. So in the interest of comfort, health, and well, my sanity, I moved my 2.5 mile run to today. I already had a 2.5 mile course through our neighborhood and around a nearby pond (the same one from the 4th of July) mapped out so I just brought my Garmin this time. 

I was pretty proud of myself this morning for getting up and out of the house before 8am! I have never been a morning person. It doesn't matter if it's Christmas or work or running or something that I am really looking forward to, I have the darnedest time getting out of bed. Then again I also have the hardest time going to bed before 1130pm. 

Today's run was done in honor of:
KIA July 8, 2010
OEF

After my run I was hungry for a little bit of everything. I had a bowl of plain Greek yogurt, strawberries, with a scoop of oats and honey cereal. I topped it all off with a Van's whole wheat waffle. On the side I had a bowl of watermelon. It was a little unorthodox, but it was a great combination!
Chow time!
You would think all that food would be plenty to tide me over until lunch, but it wasn't. By 1045am I was starving and started to snack. Instead of filling my body with random stuff I found in my kitchen, I opted for a homemade pizza. I took a Flat-Out, some Light Smart Preggo spaghetti sauce, shredded mozzarella, a slice of provolone, and a whole zucchini. I threw the whole thing in the oven at 450 for about 15 min or so and then let it sit for about 5 min. I made Gib one with a whole green pepper. Delish!
Not so pretty, but oh so good!
The rest of today will be spent lazily most likely with the exception some laundry done though and getting my clothes laid out for tomorrow. After an unfortunate series of events, the job that I had planned out fell through as soon as we arrived in MD. Tomorrow I am doing an on the job interview of sorts. I am going for the day at one of the practices I interviewed with to see how I fit in at the practice and if I like the way the practice is run. If this is the place for me then we are in for some big changes!! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment