Jul 6, 2012

Insanity and Big Lots Fail

Generally Gib and I are lazy in the morning if we have no place in particular to go. Aside from me needing to run in the morning before I can no longer breathe due to the heat and humidity, I really don't get out of bed early. Gib and I both stay up late and sleep in and because we are both unemployed for the time being, but not this morning. Yesterday when I planned out my half marathon training, I also drew up Gib's schedule for the Insanity workout and today was day one!

For those of you who have not seen the plethora of Insanity infomercials, the program is a 60 day, high intensity and interval training program. Every other week starts out with a Fit Test where you do 8 different exercises in a certain amount of time and then record the number of repetitions. Today he said that it felt like a serious workout and he was sweating within the first 5 min. Some of those exercises are...well...insane! I am going to be doing some of the workouts with Gib for my strength training days so I will keep you posted.

After a shower we decided to head out and run some errands. First to the bank and then Big Lots to get Gib new hair clippers. Well when we went to the bank we past Rita's. Rita's is a semi local Italian ice and custard place and they literally put heaven in a cup! Oh and then I saw the sign for Sour Patch Kids Red flavored ice. Let's see....favorite candy flavor + favorite summer treat = I MUST HAVE IT!! Ok so maybe I need some more self control but have you seen MD's forecast?! I am justified, I swear!
Seriously?!! Rita's for everyone!!
We did decide that food first was probably a smart idea so we stopped at a local sandwich and pizza place that we have never been. It was one of those hole in the wall places that you know must make really good food because otherwise there is no way they would still be in business. I had a BLT on Rye with salt and vinegar chips and an unsweetened iced tea. I must say, BLT sandwiches scream summer to me. When I was a kid, we had no AC and there was no way my mom was going to cook with anything other than the toaster because it was so hot. So she would make bacon in bulk and then put it in the fridge. Then for dinner she would toast of a bunch of bread and slice up the makings and we would have make your own BLTs for dinner.
Taste of Summer
Then it was time for Rita's! My sour patch kids plus vanilla custard gelati was pure and total bliss. I didn't even remember to take a picture of it until after I already dug out about 5 spoonfuls. Rita's always makes me think of my first year of undergrad when me and my roomate/best friend would go get some after a hard day of school. Because they are seasonal we nearly cried when they closed for the winter but were there the day they opened back up again in the spring.
Oh-My-Lanta!
Tonight, Gib and I are headed to the American Legion that we belong to for dinner. Every few weeks they do a big dinner for all the members and the community. I believe tonight is steak and shrimp!! Looking forward to some good eats tonight :) I will also be walking for 30 min tonight after dinner per my training schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment