Jul 7, 2012

American Legion dinner and Farmers' market

I mentioned yesterday that Gib and I were headed to our local American Legion for dinner. I thought it was just steak and shrimp but when we got there and saw what was on the menu, I knew exactly what I wanted. Lobster tail dinner!! It was pretty good. It came with a roll, baked potato, and veggies. The veggies were definitely canned but they weren't as bad as what I remember canned veggies being.
Lobstahhhhh
When I went to bed I set my alarm for a run this morning before it got too hot, but I slept terribly last night. I tried everything--showered, changed my clothes, flipped my pillow over...the whole nine yards. So this morning when it went off I promptly reset it and we rolled out of bed at 930. We got dressed and headed to the farmers market. As soon as I stepped outside the intense heat hit me. That changed our nice and leisurely walk through the farmers' market to a goal oriented in and out trip. 
Tomatoes and cucumbers and peppers...oh my!
Generally we stop over near the Amish buggies and look at the puppies but not today. We quickly loaded up on tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, strawberries, grapes, green peppers, and a watermelon!!! As soon as we got home I was starving because I didn't eat before we left. I hate waking up late because I am not hungry for breakfast or lunch and it throws me off. I chopped up half the melon and the hubby and I each dug in. It was my first watermelon of the season so it was wonderful!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
After a bit of being at home the hubby and I decided to head out for some groceries. I liked the BLT so much yesterday that I am doing it again today! Except this time I am making them. Gib and I literally had them at least 3 times a week last summer. I just hate cooking when it is hot out. Guess I get that from my mom

I am supposed to do a 2.5 mi run today and if it cools down to human temperatures I might head out tonight at sunset. Currently the air quality readings are in the "Unhealthy" category, meaning that it is dangerous for everyone to be outside. If it doesn't cool down, I will be joining my husband doing the Plyometric Cardio Circuit from the Insanity workout. 
Heat index for today = no running :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment