Jul 10, 2012

Zucchini and a Bee

Got a late start this morning and even once we were up we were both still tired. We just couldn't get motivated to do much at all today. During my daily perusing of blogs, I was reading some recent posts by Courtney over at Sweet Tooth Sweet Life and she kept coming up with all these amazing recipes for zucchini, which I just so happen to have a ton of and I got in the mood to make something. Side note--in case you are looking for other amazingly delicious baked items you should definitely head on over to her blog.

I ran out to the store to grab some supplies before cooking up a storm and look what I found! You best believe me and Gil tore these babies open and had a taste test. The hazelnut and chocolate one tastes just like Nutella!

After much Googling, I found a recipe for Oven Baked Zucchini Sticks and decided to give it a go.  Besides omitting the horseradish sauce, I followed this recipe pretty much exactly how it was written. And they were delicious! They were hot and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside with the perfect amount of flavor that doesn't completely overwhelm the zucchini flavor.

Then I took a note out of Courtney's handbook and decided to make Zucchini Latkes. I used an extra zucchini or 2 so I added some extra corn meal and an extra egg. I switched out the flour with ground rolled oats. I also omitted the carrot just because I didn't have one. Other than that I followed it pretty much as written. Again, it was amazing! I could barely keep myself from eating them as they were coming out of pan. They were a bit sweet but savory at the same time and you could still taste the zucchini. I loved them and will definitely be making them again. The hubby even approved. He said he is going to eat some in the morning with eggs on top. Along with my zucchini latkes for dinner I had some blueberry Greek yogurt to celebrate national blueberry month.

So on to the bee. Tonight I had a 3 mile run on the agenda. For the second day in a row it was wonderful weather to run in. I am absolutely a cold weather runner. My best times have always been when the temperature was at most 60 degrees. So to say the temperature here is nice at 85 degrees is something else, but after the insane week of ridiculously high temperatures, it is substantially cooler out and much more comfortable.

Right at the end of my 3 mile run....I'm talking at like the 2.95 mile mark a bee flew up my nose. The worst part about it is I am pretty sure it stung me!! Seriously??!!! My nose stings so freaking bad right now. I'm not allergic but the inside of my nose hurts like craazzzyyy! I have sucked freezing cold water in my nose and blown it out again (TMI? oh well) and held an ice cube to my nose for a while and now its a tiny bit better. I am just hoping that it will feel better in the morning. And on that note, I am off to take a shower.
And don't freak out, the tomato red face happens
any time I breathe hard for 5 seconds it's not due
to the bee

No comments:

Post a Comment